I have something personal to share with you all. About a year ago, I fell in love, extremely in love. I need my love every morning. I never forget about it, I can’t function without it.
Breakfast, I love you.
I realized how strong my love is when I woke up this morning slightly cranky and tired. I immediately decided to skip early morning yoga and thought I should take a complete rest day. I stumbled downstairs, made a yogurt oatmeal bowl and within 2 minutes of eating felt better and ready to take on the day.
I know not everyone shares my love, but oh I wish they did! I actually have never really been a breakfast skipper however for most of high school and my freshman year of college the options were basically
ONLY and apple….
Or of course if I are breakfast in the dining hall something like this
But I also had pizza as an after school snack so there you go.
When I decided to lose weight (initially in the healthy way) the first thing I knew was I had to get breakfast under control. I’d always read about the benefits of eating a good, filling breakfast
- Breakfast enhances your body’s metabolism.
- Eating breakfast improves your daily nutrient consumption. Even a simple breakfast can provide you with a great amount of vitamins like vitamin B6, A, minerals like calcium, iron, etc.
- Breakfast is essential for improving your concentration and productivity throughout the day.
- It is also observed that eating a healthy breakfast plays an important role in controlling weight gain.
- Eating breakfast also reduces the risk of heart diseases and is also essential in checking your .
- Breakfast keeps you energized the whole day and controls your hunger pangs and snacking urges.
I got into a rotation of either oatmeal of cheerios with skim milk and strawberries, occasionally scrambled egg whites with veggies and on the weekend one big pancake with flavored yogurt and fruit or a whole wheat bagel sandwich with cream cheese and veggies.
This was January of 2010 and I have eaten breakfast every single day since. Obviously my tastes have evolved
Oatmeal/ Overnight oats <3 <3 <3
This morning I enjoyed a yogurt parfait, not pictured but it was greek yogurt, oats, rice chex, a banana, truvia, and cinnamon in an almost gone almond butter jar. Delicious =).
Alright, I must decide what to do with my day. Have a great Sunday all!
What’s your all time favorite breakfast? Ignore nutrition! All time, ignoring nutrition… either french toast or a big blueberry muffin with sugar on top like from Panera or Starbucks.
Favorite summer time fruit? Cherries!
Pick my workout please! Power walk? Vinyasa Yoga? Zumba?