Sarah Kay is an amazing spoken word poet. In this video she talks about how she encourages students to write poetry about what they “know to be true”.
The video is a little long but completely amazing and worth watching, even just the first 5 minutes.
Here are 10 things I know to be true
2) I felt pretty all day today
3) I only have 3 weeks left of classes
4) I have a surprise for you all this weekend!
5) I love my family
6) I am excited for tomorrow night (it’s my friends birthday!!)
7) I was unhappy to wake up to this
seriously? I wore sandals yesterday
8) I love running
9) I am currently eating toast
10) I sincerely appreciate anyone who is reading this
I think this is a great exercise even if you are just feeling overwhelmed by something in the middle of the day. It helps you come back to reality. It can be fun and silly, serious or just some straight facts. Try it next time you need to come back down to earth!
What else I know to be true is that I woke up sick, really sick =(. My appetite has NOT been on point.
I had a salad for lunch but sadly did not enjoy it at all
I also had a yogurt bowl for breakfast and some random other snickerdoodles, peanut butter, cheerios and fruit throughout the day.
I WILL BE BETTER TOMORROW
Tell me some things you know to be true